Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Last night Matt brought home flowers for me, a simple mixed bouquet that was quite pretty. After giving me the flowers he asked what I would like for breakfast in the morning. My reply to his surprise was Panara. But of course it didn't matter in the end because we all slept in to late to go. Matt and Matty went outside while I got ready for the day. When I came downstairs and went outside Matt handed a card. Matty's little face lit up as he ran towards me to give me his gift. Then as he handed me the card he excitedly tried to repeat the words Matt was saying over my shoulder, Happy Mother's Day. His face lit up again, happy with the fact that he had pleased his momma. Then it was time to return his attention back to his car and spouting out his new favorite words "Oh My Gosh!"
So then we ate lunch real quick and Matt headed of to work while I got Matty ready and took him over to Kiddie Kandids for pictures. Matty wore  a t-shirt with Mickey, his Mickey hat with ears, and had his Mickey Mouse doll. He did a very good job posing the way the photographer wanted. Once he was done we did a little shopping and then returned home so he could play outside some more before dinner.
All in all it was a good Mothers Day but I am looking forward to my special Mothers Day meal that I get on Matt's next day off. Cheese Cake Factory, YUMMMM!

1 comment:

  1. AWWW! I miss those little moments. Now my boys seek out the cards and gifts that make me cry...LOL

    Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete